Earlier this month, I had a unexpected falling out with a gal pal that left me very puzzled. “What a great fantasy blog post topic,” I thought. “I’ll use it as a launch when I host the blog hop at the end of this month.” I even went so far as to begin in my mind to write a tongue-in-cheek post (which I may yet do at another time, since the situation was so totally “whack”).
Then, simultaneously, a national tragedy took place and I attended, back-to-back, two of the most joyous events of my entire life. And I made a decision… I could do better. Being snarky and poking fun could wait. As the host of The Writers’ Post’s final blog hop for 2012, I was tasked with a unique opportunity — setting the tone for the new year.
With an eye on 2013, I can’t help but reflect on the year that’s winding down and realize how very much I have to be thankful for. I feel the need to pay tribute to everything and everyone that’s shaped me this year. Wouldn’t it be nice if we all started 2013 in a loving, appreciative frame of mind? That said, for The Writers’ Post Blog Hop #61 I invite you, fellow bloggers, to, whether in rhyme, song, poetry, prose or by some other means, complete this phrase: “I am grateful for….”
Personally, I am grateful for:
- (My) Husband — First and foremost and above everything else. He is always there for me and and always, always has my back, but he outdid himself this year, making me fall even more in love with him….
- (Fresh) Air — Getting out into it and breathing deep can make such a world of difference.
- (The) People in my life — Friends, family, colleagues, even strangers. Every interaction has made my life richer and increased my understanding.
- (The) Parties I’ve attended — They have been breeding grounds for new and/or improved relationships, renewed connections and repeated chances to share love, joy, laughter and good times.
- (The) Younger generation — I’m so proud of and in love with all my nephews and niece. They are amazing. Being with them after the CT incident reminded me of just how remarkable and loving they are.
- Naomi, my older sister and only sibling — It hasn’t always been smooth sailing for us, but she gave new meaning to “Family First” this year and restored my faith and love.
Ellen, both my mother-in-law and my aunt (and Michael, my uncle!)– Their hugs, kind words, enthusiasm for my work and never-ending support got me through/over some very rough patches.
- Work, both of the volunteer and house varieties — The myriad opportunities I had to exercise my brain and my body resulted in growth and accomplishments I never thought possible.
- You — You who read my posts, you who leave comments, you who message me, you who share your lives with me.
- Everyone and everything — That pretty much speaks for itself, I think.
- All the world around me — That, by the grace of God, I get to be a part of and witness to daily and hourly.
- Ron (and Marion!), my wonderful parents — They made this amazing, magical, magnificent life of mine possible. There would be no me, without them so, naturally, I had to save the best for last. 😀
I hope you’ll share your gratitude list on the hop! Happy New Year!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…